IT Data Architect - (Oracle SQL) - Boston, MA(Job Number:699327)
Optum gives you the opportunity to showcase your passion and technical expertise, to transform health care, as we change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology.
With a technology career at Optum, you have an amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve peoples' lives. We are a top notch health care company that is driven by the latest technology enabling us to significantly improve the quality of health care and improve the lives of tens of millions. This is a unique opportunity for you to make an impact by utilizing your technical expertise to help people live healthier lives. This is where you will work with the best and the brightest and together make positive change a reality. This where you will do your life's best work.(sm)
In this exciting role, IT Database Specialist, you will work with state-of-the-art relational database technologies and be part of a team of highly skilled IT Database professionals working on mission critical applications and systems.
As an IT Database Specialist, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of all functions of relational database systems. You will be responsible for the following: database access, methods and time, device allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation, and statistical methodology. In this role you will monitor overall standards and procedures and assist in integrating various systems. You will also consult with users, determine requirements and recommend database establishment and utilization.
- Work with the Senior Data Architect to design new database patterns / structures to evolve the data warehouse to meet new and changing business requirements.
- Help maintain data warehouse models to support the diverse range of data uses, including the creation and maintenance of ERD diagrams and other documentation.
- Design process and data flows between heterogeneous systems to utilize appropriate resources.
- Design process and data flows to minimize data latency and maximize useful value for our clients
- Design algorithms to transform data into useful forms for use across our Data Pipeline.
- Understand all database data sources.
- Represent Data Management team interests in cross-functional project teams and coordinate Data Integration Development work within project scope with other internal data warehouse staff and other technical areas
- Review and understand, existing data workflows in order to create detailed design specifications for the extraction, transformation and load processes
- Mentor both Data Management and other business users on the warehouse architecture and best practices in data usage.
- Adhere to the system development life cycle and be responsible for time estimates for development efforts, and completion of deliverables within project timelines
Job IT Database Design/Analysis
Primary Location US-MA-Boston
Organization OA Data Factory
Number of Openings 1