IT Network Administrator – Lenexa, KS(Job Number:700945)
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function develop and implement information security policies, standards and procedures to secure and protect data residing on systems. Work directly with user departments to implement procedures and systems for the protection, conservation and accountability of proprietary, personal or privileged electronic data.
- Diagnose Hardware and software problems and replace defective components.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Perform network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made in the future.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine need for repair, upgrade or replacement.
- Maintain logs related to network/system functions, as well as, maintenance and repair records.
- Research new technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation.
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel in order to facilitate purchases.
Job IT Security
Primary Location US-KS-Lenexa
Organization OptumRx AxelaCare
Number of Openings 1