Java/Oracle Developer, Systems Development
Job Code: 396638
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Enterprise Services and Financial Systems (ESFS) organization is actively seeking a Java/Oracle Developer for Enterprise Actuarial Transformation program. The candidate will be a seasoned hands-on technologist with strong background in designing, developing and maintaining enterprise-scale solutions. The candidate will have expertise in Java and Oracle Database technologies and change management best practices. He/She will be a part of a team responsible for the full software development lifecycle of components of the distributed Actuarial platform. The candidate will also work collaboratively with a broader technology organization to ensure solutions integrate with other components of the architecture, meet high technical quality standards and follow software development best practices.
We are looking for motivated and bright individuals that strive in dynamic environment and are comfortable to contribute fresh ideas and welcome learning opportunities. Initiative, ownership, strong analytical and communication are important to success in the role.
Enterprise Actuarial Transformation is a newly launched program aimed at centralizing Actuarial systems that were traditionally aligned to individual business lines into a common architecture. The architecture will enable streamlined and optimized processes and governance around financial liability modeling and reporting to meet more stringent regulatory guidelines and support business growth. The architecture will support sophisticated, business critical, compute intensive risk calculations and projection models.
- 4 years of relevant software development experience
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Hands on experience with Oracle Database, PL/SQL, database object modeling and performance tuning
- Understanding of partitions, star schemas and other data warehousing concepts and best practices
- Hands on experience developing in Java/J2EE and Knowledge of Object Oriented design concepts and design patterns strongly preferred
- Understanding of agile development methodologies and test driven development practices
- Working knowledge of distributed systems and service oriented architectures
- Unix/Linux shell scripting is a plus
- Understanding of finance, risk modeling and pricing is desirable
- Proven track record of delivery
- Strong communication, inter-personal and collaboration skills
- Driven, self-motivated, able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Keeps up to date on emerging technologies
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Development