Job Title: Lab Tech
Location: Tampa, FL
Category: Supply Chain
· Operate, monitor and troubleshoot lab equipment to ensure quality and specifications of finished product as necessary
· Perform tests and use special equipment to ensure package and product quality
· Operate all manufacturing equipment efficiently and safely
· Clean equipment and area during and after shift
· Maintain clean work area through good housekeeping practices
· Follow process guidelines and expedite quality concerns to line
· Work with production/maintenance as necessary
· Keep daily records tests performed and results
· Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
· 18 years or older
· Must be able to lift/carry 10-45 lbs.
· Must be able to push/pull 10-50 lbs.
· Must be able to perform constant standing
· Must be able to perform frequent bending, twisting, squatting and reaching
· Technical (chemistry, microbiology) and mechanical backgrounds helpful
· Must have beverage processing lab experience
· Audit Compliance (e.g., monitoring, documentation, variance explanation, etc.)
· Food Safety (e.g., AIB certification, GMP's, FSSC)
· Product changeovers (e.g., CIP, flavor changes, sanitizing, setting formulas, etc.)
· Operating and calibrating testing instruments (e.g., CO2 testing, HPLC, Densitometers, Water Testing, etc.)
· Water Treatment including LTS, Ultra Filtration and Reverse Osmosis
· Sensory testing (e.g., taste, odor, appearance vs. reference sample, etc.)
· Basic chemistry (e.g., titrator, pH, dosing, graduated cylinders, mixing, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113584BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.