Large Consumption Deals - Sales Lead
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestSales - Product
Large Consumption Deals - Sales Lead
What You'll Do
The role requires a strong mix of sales pursuit and commercial skills with the following key responsibilities:
Deal Orchestration - Large Consumption Deals (Up to 80% of time spent):
* First Point of Contact for designated sales theatre or segment sales, ensuring consistent, regular and high quality communication and information exchange with the in-theatre key stakeholders
* Identification, qualification and prioritisation of complex and strategic sales opportunities within the theatre in accordance with agreed qualification criteria.
* Once qualified and selected - Create a bid strategy for the sales opportunity which identifies:
o High-level deal construct - identifying the key Cisco values and differentiators
o Areas of Cisco assurance, where we will take execution responsibility
o Possible commercial risk/reward for Cisco and appropriate consumption model
o The direct/virtual resources required to deliver an offer in addition to key project dependencies
* Orchestration of all resources, Product, Services, Finance, Legal, Operations both direct and virtual, to deliver a comprehensive and holistic Cisco solution/offer in support of the complex and strategic sales opportunity.
* Ownership/Leadership and creation of an overall proposition/offer to the customer for complex and strategic deals which will encompass:
o Architecture/Technical Solution,
o Commercial Framework/Model
o GTM Approach to accelerate uptake,
o Service Assurance/Delivery Model
* Where necessary work on the development of a customer business case and investment justification to strengthen the customer commitment to the deal and also support Cisco differentiation versus competitors.
* Build multi-level relationships with key internal stakeholders and engage appropriate cross-functional resources to ensure broad agreement on the deal construct. In addition ensure all required (internal) deal approvals are obtained.
* Build direct relationships with key external stakeholders, especially at CxO level, and use these relationships to understand the customer’s requirements and also to validate the proposed Cisco offer approach against those requirements.
Commercial Leadership - Large Consumption Deals (Up to 50% of time spent):
* Provide commercial leadership on Large Consumption Deals, by understanding the customer or partner’s commercial requirements and drivers, as well as Cisco’s different commercial solutions and capabilities.
* Provide innovative commercial solutions that accelerate and drive incremental Cisco business by leveraging Cisco Capital, Third Party Funding models and/or Cisco "XaaS" capabilities.
* Work with internal commercial solution providers and stakeholders to qualify and agree appropriate commercial solution and construct.
* Own or work with appropriate commercial solution provider, Finance and other stakeholders on business and commercial modelling. Model consumption pricing and work with Finance to model P&L impact of different utilization scenarios and business outcomes.
* Present and work with the necessary product and service P&L holders, finance, legal and ops stakeholders to assure and approve the commercial offer, including any potential Cisco risk/reward.
Operational Excellence (~5% of time spent):
* Participate in regular review of the LCD sales funnel and on selected opportunities evaluate the deal against the agreed qualification criteria and make a recommendation on engagement decision/status.
* Provide a detailed status of all active deals on a weekly basis, including progress, roadblocks and other key dependencies. Escalate any resource issue or constraints affecting the delivery of the deal in timely fashion
* Deliver information on metrics related to active and completed deals - including but not limited to: Franchise wins/win rate, Revenues, lessons learned, replicable models.
Regional Community Building (~5% of time spent):
* Sales Leads, and other members of the LCD team, will work to ensure expertise and best practices are shared between the various Cisco stakeholders and other functional teams across EMEAR.
* Build knowledge and expertise within the account and Theatre teams on the market, competitors and solution and selling strategies/tactics. Provide a point of contact for competitive responses.
* Ensure that appropriate co-ordination occurs among the Cisco Stakeholders who address the account(s) and theatres.
Who You'll Work With
The LCD Sales Lead within the EMEAR LCD Team is a lead role in driving complex and strategic sales opportunities and large consumption deals, across the EMEAR Enterprise segment, representing Product and Services Sales.
The EMEAR LCD team directly supports Cisco’s strategy towards recurring revenue and new consumption models, through identifying, qualifying and executing Large Consumption Deals, including: flexible consumption models, "as-a-Service" deals, Enterprise License Agreements (ELAs), and other large/complex multi-year contracts to Enterprise customers, partners and IT outsourcers.
Who You Are
* Experienced sales professional with proven consultative selling skills
* Business case structuring
* Strong commercial experience, including risk/reward and consumption models with financial modelling experience a strong plus
* Strong leadership skills and respect within Cisco in order to drive virtual pursuit teams and gain stakeholder buy in
* Inclusive, strong collaborator
* Ability to lead workshops, present and interact with senior customer stakeholders
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.