Lead Big Data Applications Developer- Minnetonka, MN(Job Number:706341)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
To learn more about Technology careers with UnitedHealth Group, please click here.
As a Big Data Application development/ delivery lead in a team of about 15 engineers, you will be accountable for leading team members across the entire SDLC. We are building brand new, data-intensive software products that are focused on bringing the healthcare data together. These products are mostly analytical in nature and we use advanced technologies in big data space to provide a cutting edge solution to solve business opportunities.
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development & testing
- Designing and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Designing reusable Java components, frameworks and libraries
- Working very closely with Architecture group and driving technical solutions
- Design and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business and interacts with business partners and key contacts
- Use Big data technologies to enrich and transform data and do data analytics, machine learning
- Lead technology decisions, drive product implementation and delivery
- Support the implementation and drive it to stable state in production
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Reviewing code and providing feedback relative to best practices, improving performance etc.
- Troubleshooting production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge and experience in a specific area of Big Data and Java development
- Drive the team and collaborate to meet project timelines
- Act as a liaison for the leadership management team, provide updates and status reports
- Mentor and guide other engineers within the team
Job Applications Development
Primary Location US-MN-Minnetonka
Organization PEDS - Data Solutions
Number of Openings 1