Lead Business Systems Analyst, Risk Adjustment - WellMed - San Antonio, TX(Job Number:694836)
Grow your career with an exciting opportunity with Optum, where you will be a part of creating software solutions that help to change lives - millions of lives. As an IT Systems Analyst at Optum, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a focused team dedicated to helping to make the health care system work better for everyone. Here, you'll partner with some of the smartest people you've ever worked with to design solutions to meet a wide range of health consumer needs. And we need world-class Systems Analysts, like you, to help us build our next generation customer experience.
As part of our elite team, you will play a pivotal role in the system development cycle and consult with end users to evaluate business requirements into design specifications. You will work with all levels of the business, ensuring IT deliverables align with business requirements, with measurable results. There's never been a more exciting time to work in health care where performance and innovation can fuel your life's best work.(SM )
The Lead Business Systems Analyst delivers solutions to complex business problems with consideration to business need and the capacity and limitation of associated business systems, evaluating system changes for downstream impact. This position consults on the development, specification and integration of WellMed’s enterprise systems and will analyze business needs, document requirements, translate needs into functional and / or technical specifications, write and execute test cases and plans, and oversee testing processes.
- Defines project scope and objectives based on business unit needs combined with a thorough understanding of enterprise business systems and industry requirements.
- Performs a major role in the development and implementation of major systems. This role may interface with multiple business units such as accounting / finance, claims, operations, physician clinics, customer service, executive management, and sales and marketing
- Serves as an expert resource regarding the alignment of enterprise system strategies with the business goals and strategic drivers
- Applies knowledge of managed care operating environment and underlying systems data to all major production systems used for delivery of services to internal and external clients
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with both internal/externals customers at the senior management and executive level in order to influence project teams and gain consensus on the selection of the most viable solutions. The position acts as a key team member to both IT and the assigned business unit
- Uses strong critical thinking skills along with managed care, or physician office business knowledge to have insight and understanding of business concepts, tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the contact of the company’s business
- Performs quality assurance application testing to include: validation of design to business requirements, writing test plans, conducting functional and performance testing to include application and system integration testing
- Tracks progress and notifies management of issues that require escalation, and assumes responsibility for resolving or coordinating the resolution of system and process issues
- Develops and maintains project plans, and manages specific tasks to ensure project success
- Collaborates on and oversees various projects as assigned that are cross-functional in nature
- Provides project task level supervision to Developers, Business System Analysts, and / or Sr. Business System Analysts on a project specific basis
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Job IT Systems Analysis
Primary Location US-TX-San Antonio
Organization WellMed Medical Mgmt, Inc
Number of Openings 1