Lead Software Engineer
Job Code: 387938
Job Location: California-Mountain View
Description: Prudential is looking for a full stack technical leader with proficiency in building architecture centric solutions. An ideal candidate must have expertise in object-oriented design, Java/J2EE, distributed computing and service oriented architecture. As an ideal candidate, you should have passion for new technologies, understand responsive web development, and turn concepts into life. You should be agile, and should also have ability to work in agile environment.
In this role, your focus will be developing server-side logic, integrating with external and internal APIs, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the customer facing components developed by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Additionally, you care about quality of code, understand how to work with several content types, love to learn new technologies, and are ready to adapt on changing design frameworks and design principles. Experience in mobile not needed but preferred. Needless to say, you will have knowledge on how back-end systems work. Details are critical as you iterate on complex interactions and have pride in your work output. We are looking for someone who loves a good challenge and can work collaboratively.
We are building a startup culture in a company that is touching 20 Million lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25 year old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
- Design and implement large scale applications in an agile environment
- Evaluate, recommend and implement appropriate technologies based on business requirements and technology trends
- Write server-side business applications and integrate with the UI components for a web-centric customer experience
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, designers, technology and architecture teams.
- Design and develop high quality application components to meet our Business needs - Pojo components, database components, services, web services, and Junit test modules.
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment and be a good team player who can lead and mentor a strong Technical team.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure using sound judgment & professionalism.
- Ability to influence business solutions, review functional requirements and determine the type of implementation work that is needed based on the requirements.
- Analyze and tune application performance, with a focus on service/message throughput and latency.
- Act proactively to resolve issues, identify risks, minimize deficiencies and have a focus on final end point.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of solid hands-on experience
- Strong proficiency in Java/J2EE and related technologies
- Knowledge and experience of server-side Java development
- Working knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), JMS, web services (JAX-WS, REST), and transfer protocols (http, ftp, SFTP, SOAP.)
- Familiarity with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi-protocol gateways
- Experience with JSON, XML, XSD schema
- Proficiency in database technologies
- Experience with complex data transformations and mapping
- Experience with designing, developing, and implementing complex integration for end-to-end solutions at a middleware level
- A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies, and is hungry to keep learning
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to collaborate in a corporate environment
- Enjoys working hard and appreciates a good laugh
Good To Have:
- Experience with multiple databases
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiarity with IBM WebSphere, Portal and content management system
- Working experience of Node.js and frameworks available for it.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Development