Lead Software Engineer
Job Code: 405158
Job Location: California-Mountain View
Prudential Customer Office is building a startup culture in the company that is touching 20 Million lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25-year-old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
Technical lead is a senior level technical contributor as well as an effective leader of a development team who has demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices, and procedures and can design, modify, develop, write and implement software applications. Engineer, who has passion for new technologies, understands end to end web development technology stack, responsive web design, Service oriented architecture(SOA) and turns concepts to life using Agile framework. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, loves challenges and can work collaboratively.
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, and fellow technologists to design, develop and deliver frictionless multi channel experiences
- Provide technical guidance and be a technical mentor to SCRUM team. Lead the pre sprint technical design and grooming activities
- Drive user story analysis, elaboration and design. Lead development including development of requisite test automation and ensures high quality, on time and on budget delivery
- Drive low-level architecture and contributes to high-level architecture. Champion modular design, reuse, separation of concern, high cohesion and loose coupling
- Employ industry best practices to deliver world-class solutions. Ensure developed solutions remain compliant with all applicable Prudential standards
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and how they can be applied to Prudential
- Enable change, help accelerate innovation and ensure customer delight
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Hands-on full stack developer with 7 years of development experience
- Strong integration background required. Experience with REST, JSON and APIs is required. Familiarity with Microservices architecture is highly desirable
- Experience with as many of the following is highly desirable: JBoss/Tomocat, Node.js, Websphere Application Server, Websphere Portal, WebMethods, XML,XSLT, XPath, Web Services, SOA, SOAP, Oracle, DB2, MongoDB, SQL and query performance tuning
- Experience with code management and continuous integration techniques and tools such as CodeDeploy, Maven, Gradle, ANT, SVN, Artifactory, SonarQube, Selenium, SOAP UI, Jenkins, Bower, NPM, Grunt, Unit Testing (Karma, Protractor) etc. is highly desirable
- Experience with monitoring and logging techniques and tools such as CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk and Dynatrace etc.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing and delivering to production highly available and highly responsive solutions at scale
- Proven ability to troubleshoot issues in production including root cause analysis
- Familiarity with security concepts (authentication , authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls and multi protocol gateways
- Familiarity with Customer Service workflows and technologies are highly desirable
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced matrix environment
- Champions employee engagement within SCRUM team and acts as the primary change agent for the team. Remains positive, direct, data-driven, constructive and self-critical
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Development