Lead Technical Operations Engineer
Job Code: 391698
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
As part of the Customer Office Technical Operations team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to be an advisor to leadership and make recommendations on complex projects. You will use your knowledge and creativity to solve difficult problems and provide unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Partner with Development teams to prepare for timely and smooth acceptance of deliverables into production environment.
- Build and implement processes to cover required functions within productions operations such as level-1 application support, change and problem management, incident management leading to issue resolutions, reporting at executive and detailed levels, etc.
- Handle deployment and operation of Cloud enabled applications and services in AWS and Private Cloud infrastructure.
- Operations and administration of AWS environment.
- Employ DevOps and agile principles; utilize Jira, Jenkins and Ansible to enable CI / CD of various cloud applications.
- Monitor and support day to day operations of cloud and legacy applications including tools such as Wily, ELK, Splunk.
- Handle critical operation tasks as well as on demand requests.
- Operations tasks will include creating, developing & managing the deployment architecture for the application; developing the monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts; developing and driving incident management processes, playbooks and stakeholder communication mechanisms; overseeing change management & configuration management operating mechanisms; driving root cause analysis (RCA), Long term fix(LTF) and risk management processes; driving ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies: Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, ELB, Autoscale, Cloudwatch.
- Experience with CI / CD using JIRA, Jenkins, and Ansible.
- Experience with WebSphere Portal and Content Management will be a plus.
- Strong UNIX, Linux and Databases skills.
- Experience with any scripting language such as BASH, Perl, Ruby or Python.
- Java programming experience.
- Experience providing production operations support and 24/7 support.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in designing, monitoring and supporting a large-scale & highly available systems.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like SOA, HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, SQL, HTML, XML.
- Comfort with leading and working easily with a team.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick and sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the demonstrate ability to articulate solutions.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology