Lead Test Engineer

  • Location:
    Milpitas, California, US
  • Area of Interest
    Engineer - Software
  • Job Type
  • Technology Interest
    Cloud and Data Center
  • Job Id

What You'll Do

You’re Lead Senior Software Test Engineer and you will be part of world-class test team that works on groundbreaking technologies in switching. Opportunity to work with leading edge networking technologies in the areas of high speed performance switches for Access/Campus market segments.

Role & Responsibilities

  • Review Customer Solution Requirement Docs (SRDs)
  • Design and Validate Customer use cases
  • Automate use cases using TCL/Expect
  • Participate in creative Software test initiatives
  • Work closely with the field to successfully enable the Solutions

Who You'll Work With

Cisco’s ENB develops software across the routing, switch and wireless platform portfolio at Cisco and is investing heavily to transform the future of networking for our customers. The Cisco SPA (Security Policy and Access) team is a fast growing, collaborative team of talented engineers within CSG.

It's an outstanding opportunity to grow in the and rapidly growing new Market phase of the Internet, the Internet of Everything (IoE)! SPA’s product portfolios are about connecting people, connecting things and connecting to the cloud. Today, Cisco estimates less than 1% of the things in the world are connected to the network. You'll connect the unconnected, represented by the other 99%. You’ll be working multi-functionally with teams within CSG to develop products that expand the core components offerings for Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture (DNA) and Identity Services Engine (ISE).

Who You Are

Desired qualification

  • Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5-7 years or BSEE/CS combined with 7-10+ years of experience
  • You've hands-on experience on Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies. Deep understanding of various networking protocols and standards.
  • Experience in test tools and utilities such as Ixia, IxChariot and Wireshark/Ethereal.
  • Experience in Scripting Languages: TCL, Expect, Python
  • Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
  • Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
  • Review PRD, SFS, Test plans, and other documentations
  • Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills, with the ability to work multi-functionally.

Desired Skills:

  • Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
  • You're able to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with limited managerial oversight.
  • Have experience in customer deployments
  • Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
  • Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies

Why Cisco

We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.

We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.

We Are Cisco.

Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified-applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.

Apply on the Company Site
Powered ByLogo