Job Title: Legal Assistant
Location: Plano, TX
Counsel, review and respond to various and numerous requests from the Marketing and Brand teams regarding marketing activations. In many cases, this role will be the legal point person for reviewing and approving various Marketing programs and projects, working with multiple Marketing clients and cross-functional partners on a daily basis.
- Providing counseling to the Marketing and Brand teams on all of their marketing activations, including contests, sweepstakes and promotions.
- Negotiating certain marketing agreements (agreements with certain athletes, agency agreements and other services agreements).
- Reviewing and approving product labels and marketing claims in close collaboration with the Marketing attorneys.
- Reviewing and approving content (television and digital) and point of sale materials in close collaboration with the Marketing attorneys.
- Reviewing and approving various sponsorship and activation requests to prevent reputational harm to PEP and the respective Brands.
- Reviewing and approving social media and web content.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to both work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and resourcefulness.
Main interactions within & outside organization:
- Continuous communication and interaction with the Marketing attorneys and other legal assistants on the Marketing team and in the law department in general.
- Maintain close and continuous communication with the Marketing, Communications, Consumer Relations, Regulatory and other Cross-Functional colleagues on a daily basis.
- Have interaction with outside marketing agencies in the implementation of marketing activations, contests, sweepstakes and promotions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113767BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.