POSITION PURPOSE -
The goal of this program is to recognize and attract top Legal talent to The Home Depot. This is a great opportunity for students interested in a post-graduate full-time position with our Legal organization.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Gain proficiency in practical application of Legal through participation in projects, assessments, exposure, and team collaboration.
- Assist with Legal programs that provide exposure and development
- Follow the established processes, policies, standards and procedures to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and standards.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Typically reports to Corporate Counsel
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass the Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 0 years
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Current pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in Business, Legal, or Psychology
- Experience working in project teams
- Functional competence operating independently in various software applications including MS Office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Ability to communicate issues and recommend solutions in a timely manner.
- Comfort around higher management
- Willing to handle complex information and partner on most project assignments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.