Logistics, Distribution & Transportation Supervisor
Job Title: Logistics, Distribution & Transportation Supervisor
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Category: Supply Chain
This person contributes to the success of Pepsi Beverages Company by supervising a team of transport drivers to deliver product to Company's distribution centers in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide local interface and direction for dedicated carrier on issues and improvement projects.
- Assume ownership for financial forecasts and analysis related to the transportation cost center.
- Provide support to Market Unit facilities on transportation matters including, but not limited to: Identification and achievement of assigned productivity/cost improvement targets; resource requirements planning; wait time reduction.
- Assist in the development and implementation of inbound transportation programs that provide for continuous improvement.
- Develop effective relationships with internal customers (i.e. sales, logistics, plant, satellite warehouses etc.).
- Provide location assistance for proper utilization of transportation tools such as rate and route guides.
- Maintain equipment appearance and safety standards: instruct and train all company assigned to transport department in proper safety procedures and regulations; direct employees in identifying and correcting any unsafe conditions; eliminate avoidable accidents and improve department's performance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of outbound transportation programs that provide for continuous improvement.
- Provide local interface and direction for PBC private fleet and carriers on issues and improvement projects.
- Provide location assistance for proper utilization of PBC transportation fleet / carriers for daily movement of all cross dock and geo box.
Education and Certifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of related field and/or a Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of DOT (Department Of Transportation) regulations
- Transportation experience dealing with legal, regulatory and operational issues, including customer service, logistics and carrier operations
- A minimum of 2 years' experience managing front-line employees
Skills & Capabilities:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
- Incumbent should have a strong customer focus and be results driven.
- Incumbent must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks without losing momentum while also completing all daily tasks efficiently and effectively
- Bachelor's degree
- Class A, CDL certified
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113463BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.