Maint/Eng Assoc Leader
Job Title: Maint/Eng Assoc Leader
Location: Austin, IN
Category: Supply Chain
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the supervision of approximately 1 mechanic, 1 maintenance supervisor, 17 electricians and 1 parts coordinator in preventative and operational maintenance in our manufacturing facility. Additional responsibilities include directing HSB preventive maintenance program, training and developing staff, owning documented safety programs, as well as leading staff in all aspects of safety and environmental rules and regulations. In addition, this position is responsible for plant engineering, including capital coordination and project management.
Coaches and develops the maintenance crew:
- Partner with other departments by directing resources to address immediate concerns while continuing to address ongoing projects
- Communicate inter-departmentally and within maintenance team regarding work progress
Statistical analysis and problem solving with interdepartmental coordination to support production, quality, and safety goals:
- Must be familiar with labor agreements, their application and interpretation
- Ensure compliance with prerequisite programs for food safety
- Ensure completion of employee training programs relating to procedural, GMP and food safety training.
- Direct HSB preventive maintenance program
- Ensure plant compliance with basic safety (i.e. OSHA) requirements
- Experience in the following areas of expertise is preferred: motor controls and conveyor drive systems, low-pressure steam boiler plant, ammonia refrigeration systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, industrial-scale electrical, beverage line filler and packing equipment.
- Maintain labor and inventory within cost plan; provide training and development for department and be a resource for troubleshooting and resolution of electrical/mechanical issues.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or related field preferred.
- Possess superb leadership abilities and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have 5+ years experience in high speed manufacturing industry; preferably in food industry
- Must be Knowledgeable of high-speed production equipment, machine automation and package transfer systems.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and problem solve is necessary.
- Previous supervisory/management experience is strongly desired
- Project management, Six Sigma, Lean certifications or equivalent experience is considered a comparative advantage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114512BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.