Maintenance and Controls Engineer
Job Title: Maintenance and Controls Engineer
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Category: Engineering, Manufacturing, Utilities
This position contributes to the success of the Mountain Top, PA Gatorade plant by providing automation support for the operations team.
- Provide electrical, controls and automation support to plant process, packaging and utility operations.
- Support Plant Maintenance and Operations teams in system and equipment troubleshooting and in technology transfer.
- Assist Corporate Engineering and Plant engineering with electrical and controls project
- Lead a team of maintenance technicians with varying levels of experience and education
- Motivate team to achieve established performance targets
- Organize and facilitate team meetings using Focused Improvement processes
- Initiate and coach the implementation of Continuous Improvement projects
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Plant electrical and controls projects in all operating departments.
- Enhance the Quality of Gatorade's products, reduce customer complaints, and insure compliance with FDA and USDA regulations and provide adherence to internal Quality and ISO requirements.
- Correct unsafe conditions, enhance the safety and health of our employees and insure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Improve productivity through efficiency gains, yield improvements, labor utilization, and other rate improvements.
- Provide technical support to all operating and maintenance departments to help in trouble shoot and diagnose issue related to PLC and MMI programs. Provide technical back up to instrumentation technicians in order to solve difficult control problems.
- Train electricians and instrumentation technicians on new technology to allow proper maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Enhance maintenance processes through equipment and systems analysis in order to identify opportunities for equipment or process modification, equipment replacement, or application of new technology.
- Actively develop and implement cost savings initiatives involving waste minimization, productivity improvements and other process optimization opportunities through an active partnership with Manufacturing's maintenance and operation teams.
- Serve as a Technical Consultant to Manufacturing by analyzing system and equipment failures in order to troubleshoot problems and to facilitate maintenance activities, procedural changes or capital improvements.
- Insure regular and thorough communication and collaboration with the Manufacturing Directors, Managers, Supervisors and hourly teams in regard to projects and other activities.
- Develop, implement and monitor automation and control strategies and system architecture for the facility. To review designs by others, and to ensure adherence to strategies and Gatorade specifications.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Electrical and Controls Design Engineering experience
- Special process control experience in Packaging, Process or Utilities
- Familiarization with OSHA, USDA, FDA and EPA requirements
- Project scheduling skills
- PLC programming proficiency, HMI software proficiency and
- Proficiency with on-line data archiving. (Wonderware, In-touch, Industrial SQL, Panelview, Factory Office, NT Server)
- Process optimization experience and process troubleshooting
- Knowledge and use of: data highways, Contrologix gateways, and Ethernet and fiber-optic systems.
- Proficiency in multiple engineering disciplines including electrical and controls
- Proficiency with PC software - Excel, Word, Power Point and Project Management
- Equipment evaluation and selection experience
- Knowledgeable in process controls and facility electrical distribution
- Training and development skills
- Team leadership, facilitation, collaboration and influencing
- In-depth understanding of the Food/Beverage and thermal processes preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113351BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.