Maintenance Technician - 2nd/3rd Shift
Job Title: Maintenance Technician - 2nd/3rd Shift
Location: Plano, TX
Category: Supply Chain
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Our ideal Maintenance Technician will:
- Operate food processing equipment efficiently with a minimum of downtime to meet daily development objectives.
- Partner with R&D engineers and food scientists to deliver exceptional development operational support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues.
- Initiate ideas and solutions to enhance equipment reliability and performance.
- Sanitize process lines, perform fundamental equipment troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
- Actively participate in all team continuous improvement training and skill development activities.
- Work with limited supervision to complete both assigned and self-identified tasks.
- High School degree and 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing/production environment or in an R&D testing center, preferably in the food industry.
- Ability to solve daily operational issues.
- Flexible - willingness to work off-shifts and weekends. Willingness to flex between work sites (Plano process lab and Dallas Technology Process Center).
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, collaboration, and communication skills and experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to work safely in an industrial environment.
- Ability to work 2nd/3rd shift
- Associate Technical Degree
- 10+ years experience with food processing equipment, production, and/or process/product development testing and operations with demonstrated moves to increasing levels of responsibility and impact.
- Demonstration of mastery of product platform process equipment, technology, and process/product interactions to deliver desired product attributes.
- Experience as a process platform trainer.
- Demonstrated process line team leadership and operations execution coordination.
- Highly motivated to work with others in a team environment to deliver on the team development objectives with strong desire to provide individual contribution
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116630BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.