Manager, Applications Development
Job Code: 400938
Job Location: California-Mountain View
Prudential Customer Office is building a startup culture in the company that is touching 20 Million lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25-year-old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
This is a manager who has demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices, and procedures and can lead teams to design, modify, develop, write and implement software applications. We are looking for a hands-on manager who is outcome focused, loves challenges and can work collaboratively.
- Collaborate with technology, architecture, product management and design teams to drive outcomes with focus on enriched customer experience
- Fosters an iterative/Agile environment
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Delivers end to end solution using innovative approaches to complex design problems
- Leads technical teams to deliver high quality products
- Drives Engineering and Operational Excellence within teams.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate offshore team needs
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Must have experience with service implementation using service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns
- Strong integration background required - integrating multiple systems together including mapping and transformation of data
- Familiar with security concepts ( authentication , authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi protocol gateways. Understanding of Agile SDLC methodologies is preferred
- A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies, and is hungry to keep learning.
- Driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure using sound judgment & professionalism.
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, through understanding of new technology innovation and its application
- Champions employee engagement within SCRUM team. Is the primary change agent for the team. Remains positive, direct, data-driven, constructive and vocally self-critical.
- Travel to local Prudential sites up to 10%
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Programming