Provide direction, leadership and administration of construction projects including the design, budgeting, scheduling, and all due diligence regarding the construction of new stores, remodels, specific business initiatives and other major capital improvements, investments, and new initiatives.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Manages construction projects, remodel programs and other capital related to construction expenses through the assigned project managers.
- Participates in pre-development activities, in partnership with Real Estate Managers and Site Development Coordinators, including site analysis, due diligence, cost estimates, lease reviews and development agreements to ensure cost effective solutions are attained.
- May review and approves all related contract documentation.
- Continually looks for ways to reduce construction costs and duration of projects.
- Oversees the scheduling, financial status reports and other reports regarding budgeting, scheduling, and designs of ongoing construction projects through the assigned project managers.
- Interacts and communicates with departments such as Store Planning, Maintenance, Real Estate and Store Operations.
- Participates in short and long range planning for the division, monitors organizational structure, human resource requirements, technical and educational needs and actively develops personnel to achieve goals and objectives of the division.
- Selects, develops and motivates assigned staff.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically reports to Director Construction, Store Set Up and Maintenance.
- Direct and indirect reports typically include 4-6 managers/supervisors and 2 support associates.
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must meet many, simultaneous demands for important decisions/actions and face some confrontations or other difficult situations and demands for results.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Project management experience.
- People management/supervisory skills.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Financial analysis skills Knowledge of engineering, architecture, or construction management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.