The Manager, Content Strategy - SEO is responsible for executing both online and offline initiatives designed to drive homedepot.com/store traffic and create profitable online/offline sales. Traffic and sales will be targeted through increased presence and position across search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo!. This position plays a key role in executing THD's content marketing strategies. The Manager, Content Strategy - SEO will also be responsible for mapping out and shaping content strategy on both team and department levels, as well as seeing content through its entire lifecycle: researching, planning, writing, editing, distributing, managing and monitoring, to ensure that you meet your business goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
35%-Act as gatekeeper for all content produced and published by SEO team; Ensures that all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone, and optimized for search and user experience; Constantly works to increase brand awareness and improve sentiment.
25%-Project management: Oversee and coordinate content marketing campaigns, manages day-to-day agency functions and deliverables, manage content marketing budget.
20%-Develop standards, processes, work flows and best practices for content ideation, creation and execution; Assist in developing and maintaining functional content calendars through the enterprise verticals.
20%-Integrate content initiatives with internal partners in Marketing, PR, Creative and Merchandising, as well as vendors and other external partners; Establish and maintain relationships for leveraging in cross-functional campaigns.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Reports to Director, Earned Media
This position has 0-2 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 4+ years in digital content creation and content marketing including on page, off page, social and local SEO strategies
- Solid understanding of SEO white hat vs. black hat tactics
- Project management experience associated with interactive marketing and/or web projects.
- Understanding of interactive marketing and e-Business strategies, channels, technologies, principles and processes
- A steadfast passion for writing, SEO and internet marketing
- In depth knowledge of current and developing content marketing trends
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with digital content creation and content marketing
- Experience creating, editing and proofing copy and content for web, social media, metadata, and marketing collateral
- Experience in managing organic search
- Marketing/web experience associated with a national-level retailer
- E-commerce knowledge and experience
- Previous leadership and new employee training and onboarding experience
-This role needs to be able to understand and drive the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) associated with Content Marketing programs, and adjust the program as needed based on demonstrated KPIs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:- Strong oral and written communication skills; proven attention to detail; superior knowledge of grammar, punctuation, creativity, and tone
- Effective and engaging presentation skills
- Passion for creative work and ability to bring out creative side in others
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-starter, motivated, goal-oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, project management tools, WordPress and social media platforms
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.