Participate or lead in the defining and implementation of strategies to drive incremental credit and company sales and profits. Focus on executing strategies for new account generation, increasing sales from existing customers, improving operational efficiencies and/or the creation and implementation of new features/services that will enhance the customer experience. Secondarily, work with other areas within Home Depot (including Information Technology, Strategic Business Development, At Home Services, PRO, and others) to develop/implement credit programs that support strategic initiatives.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identify and evaluate new financial programs, promotions, products and services that support the needs of current or future customers, or that support new strategic initiatives or acquisitions. Manage or oversee their design, development and implementation based on projected profitability.
- Oversee the development and execution of detailed project design/ implementation plans. Utilize project management and people management skills to ensure timely completion of projects at the highest quality levels.
- Assess financial and operational/quality results of new programs against predetermined goals. Determine whether programs should be rolled out, make recommendations and, if applicable, develop implementation strategies and budgets.
- Work with Finance to set departmental and program budgets. Manage expenditures within approved department and program budgets.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Senior Manager Credit Services
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience in product development and/or project management in credit or financial services preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- A thorough working knowledge of the principles/disciplines of credit marketing, including Account Acquisition & Activation, Loyalty Marketing, Sales Promotion, etc.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the principles/disciplines of the retail industry.
- A strong grasp of Project Management skills and requirements. A proven record of developing new financial products and/or services. Able to manage/coordinate multiple, simultaneous projects. Understands Time Management skills and uses those skills to deal with unplanned projects and interruptions. Both demonstrates and teaches those skills to direct reports. Demonstrated strong results in managed projects
- Ability to leverage data and analysis to craft a well-thought story utilizing Power Point.
- Able to think strategically about business problems and opportunities and to focus efforts on projects that most closely support key company initiatives.
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated decisiveness and sound decision making skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.