The Manager of Credit Services - Fraud will be responsible for managing the prevention and detection of payment card fraud in-store and online. This position will work cross-functionally with internal and external partners, facilitate the implementation of strategic initiatives and help drive overall payment acceptance strategies, while minimizing fraud exposure. This position will play a key role in optimizing the customer payment experience and minimizing payment acceptance costs.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identify and evaluate new financial programs, promotions, products and services that support the needs of current or future customers, or that support new strategic initiatives or acquisitions. Manage or oversee their design, development and implementation based on projected profitability.
- Oversee the development and execution of detailed project design/ implementation plans. Utilize project management and people management skills to ensure timely completion of projects at the highest quality levels.
- Assess financial and operational/quality results of new programs against predetermined goals. Determine whether programs should be rolled out, make recommendations and, if applicable, develop implementation strategies and budgets.
- Work with Finance to set departmental and program budgets. Manage expenditures within approved department and program budgets.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Senior Manager Credit Services
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. Planning, monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required. This may include direct supervision of a shift or the coordination of multiple work groups. Makes recommendations concerning selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience managing payment card fraud prevention processes
- Experience with retail payments, e-commerce payments, and payments security/PCI
- Understanding of existing and emerging payment technologies (e.g., EMV, NFC, tokenization)
- Strong understanding of the payment life cycle for credit, debit, and check processing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- A thorough working knowledge of the principles/disciplines of credit marketing, including Account Acquisition & Activation, Loyalty Marketing, Sales Promotion, etc.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the principles/disciplines of the retail industry.
- A strong grasp of Project Management skills and requirements. A proven record of developing new financial products and/or services. Able to manage/coordinate multiple, simultaneous projects. Understands Time Management skills and uses those skills to deal with unplanned projects and interruptions. Both demonstrates and teaches those skills to direct reports. Demonstrated strong results in managed projects
- Ability to leverage data and analysis to craft a well-thought story utilizing Power Point.
- Able to think strategically about business problems and opportunities and to focus efforts on projects that most closely support key company initiatives.
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated decisiveness and sound decision making skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.