Manager, Digital Channel Marketing & Research Strategy
Job Code: 398998
Job Location: New Jersey-Roseland
Works independently on complex and or important projects. Independently initiates and or leads projects. Has in-depth knowledge of the organization's products and industry. Typically provides guidance to staff but may be an independent contributor. Responsible for planning and implementation of projects supporting objectives for revenue, volume, profit, customer satisfaction, retention, etc. Analyzes economic considerations, develops forecasts, prepares pricing studies, and manages program budgets. Evaluates results and directs improvement efforts and hypotheses for further testing. Includes segment marketing activities. Requires advanced knowledge of field. Applies advanced principles, theories and concepts. May require considerable working knowledge of other major areas with skill to integrate and communicate that information. Work involves latitude for decision making and priority setting has long range projects measured by objectives against pre defined goals. Decisions have a significant impact on the organization.
This position is responsible for:
- Coordinating the alternate channel marketing strategies, research and other projects for Association clients in alignment with established overarching strategies and under the direction of their supervisor.
- Closely collaborate with internal partners, strategy managers, external vendors and in some cases, the client or client's representatives.
- Stay abreast of industry and societal trends in digital and alternate media; specifically, social, web, mobile, digital experience and trade shows/conferences.
- Compare capabilities and marketing efforts of competitors and similar industries.
- Evaluate necessary capabilities and present recommendations to supervisor.
- Monitor web and social media for mentions of clients, products or other relevant information that may require action or inform plans. Bring same to supervisor with recommended actions.
- Recommend, implement and manage research projects to inform marketing strategies and approaches, and to vet additional channels and assess capability needs.
- Work with project managers to develop timelines and associated budgets and present same to supervisor.
- Upon approval of the project budget, work with project managers to develop timelines in support of the project plan. Work with strategy managers and supervisor to ensure adherence to overall strategy.
- Work within the agreed upon timelines and SLAs to create creative/project briefs to provide detailed direction to creative, data processing and production. This direction will include a description of strategy, components, special plan features or promotions, creative direction around branding, client preferences/direction, etc. and will review material throughout the process to ensure adherence to strategy.
- Alert supervisor to any issues that arise that may impact the successful, on-strategy, on-budget delivery of all projects and components.
- Upon completion of the project/campaign, review the results provided by the data analytics group or other sources, advise on any internal or client reports that may be required and will use the findings to inform the direction for future projects/campaigns.
· 3-7 years digital marketing experience in a corporate or agency environment
· Willing and able to travel domestically up to 25%
· Proficiency with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
· Intermediate Excel skills
· Strong Communication skills; written and verbal
· Experience with Final Cut Pro or iMovie a plus
· Experience with Brainshark a plus
· Experience with Radian6 a plus
· Experience in leading or managing primary research, online focus groups, surveys and gleaning insights from those efforts a big plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations/Corp. Communications