Manager, Enterprise Data Management - Ontario, CA(Job Number:689781)
Optum gives you the opportunity to showcase your passion and technical expertise, to transform health care, as we change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology.
With a technology career at Optum, you have an amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve peoples' lives. We are a top notch health care company that is driven by the latest technology enabling us to significantly improve the quality of health care and improve the lives of tens of millions. This is a unique opportunity for you to make an impact by utilizing your technical expertise to help people live healthier lives. This is where you will work with the best and the brightest and together make positive change a reality. This where you will do your life's best work.(sm)
Primary role will be to establish foundation for a team that will be the enterprise resource for coordinating data utilization across the company, including (I) aligning data dependencies across systems of record, (II) making that data available to internal and external systems, (III) enabling world class security standards and (IV) exposing enterprise data resources in a way that facilitates robust role - based analytics. The Manager of EDM will work closely with the senior leadership team along with IT and business cross - functional data users to design and implement a data architecture program that delivers an enterprise data model, logical/physical naming standards, reference and master data management standards. This role reports to the Associate VP of IT in establishing a roadmap for enterprise data management.
The successful candidate will bring expertise with data management technologies and serve as a design and technical SME on the movement of data across transaction systems.
They will have experience is staging data for use in reporting and dashboards and have proficiency in Agile SDLC using, different version of MS SQL Server, Oracle and utilization web services and other methods for using transaction system API’s. This position will be relied upon to maintain awareness of technologies and new solutions as they come in to the market and evaluate relevance for use to support our business strategy.
- Lead requirements gathering for ETL and data repositories.
- Serve as a key liaison within IT and other departments
- Manage direct reports to prioritize and catalogue EDM workload. Formalize support process for the EDM
- Establishes processes for management of DM systems design, and requirements throughout their lifecycle
- Serves as technical SME to analyze and resolve DM technical issues with available tools in a timely and accurate fashion to continually meet changing metrics requirements and business needs
- Apply proven communication and problem - solving skills to guide and assist user groups on issues of business intelligence sourcing, reporting and documentation
- Coordinate closely with business stakeholders to enable self - service and ensure consistency of data definitions and key business metrics
- Assure compliance standard policies and data security procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Experience working within both a team environment and independently
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills across all levels of the organization
Job IT Database Design/Analysis
Primary Location US-CA-Ontario
Organization NAMM California
Number of Openings 1