This position is responsible for leading a team to organize, plan, and lead multiple efforts in any function, process, or unit as needed by the Finance business and/or identified by the Finance Integration department. They will provide guidance and support to Project Leads and Sr. Financial System Analysts. The position provides leadership and management in the testing of applications and systems within the Finance portfolio while contributing to the company's key business objectives of providing timely and faster delivery of high quality products. Ensures that Financial applications are tested with speed and accuracy to reduce failures or disruptions to business operations.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist Sr Manager in developing a strategy to determine types of projects and resources required for projects. Manage and balance the resources, timelines and scope/objectives of projects. Manage multiple projects. Review and coordinate high level project plans. Manage communication of status and results to business groups. Provide direction, guidance and support to Project Leads and Sr Financial System Analysts.
- Leads a team to identify, document, and communicate opportunities and their potential improvements related to processes, technology and people areas. Utilizes the SAP Health Check methodology and prepares a cost/benefit analysis to determine effort involved on the recommended solutions. Partners with other departments to identify sustainable solutions to fix the breakdowns.
- Become a subject matter expert for a specified function; identify business strategies/objectives and risks. Build and maintain key relationships with the business groups.
- Accepts, leads and drives change with team by embracing and communicating the vision, assisting management with implementation of methods to ensure that the change lasts-gain organization's buy-in, prioritizes and integrates the changes into normal business practice, integrate with other organizational initiatives, identifies and removes barriers to success, integrates the changes into normal practice, and identifies the need to put the correct staffing, development training, rewards/measurements, communications, and organizational designs in place.
- Assists in recruiting and hiring associates of the process improvements team; Takes a leadership role in training, developing, and managing careers of their staff by identifying strengths/areas of improvement, providing regular performance feedback, and working with the Senior Manager and HR.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Manager Financial Systems Process Improvements
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Prior SAP knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong Finance/Accounting background preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred including providing performance feedback
- Prior Six Sigma or auditing experience a plus
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience a plus
- Extensive working knowledge of software development, software quality engineering, test automation practices and tools
- 3-5 years of experience managing software development and/or software quality test teams
- In-depth experience working with agile and iterative software development methodologies (Scrum, XP, Continuous Integration Testing, Test Driven Development highly desired)
- 2-3 years programming experience (Java, C, C#, .net, SQL and/or shell scripting)
- Proven expertise in leading the development and use of test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, iTKO, Cucumber, SoapUI, QTP, Appium etc.) across different technology platforms
- Hands-on experience in developing and implementing strategies/solutions for test data automation management and service virtualization across integrated systems
- Working knowledge of HP ALM or similar tools for test case and defect management
- Working knowledge of retail and supply chain management systems/applications (e.g. POS, Credit, Inventory, WMS, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience)
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and deliver work using agile (Scrum/XP), waterfall and hybrid development methodologies
- Highly self-motivated, energetic, strong work ethic and results-oriented with the ability to inspire performance excellence in teams
- Ability to collaborate and work across multiple teams, foster and build harmonious working relationships
- Must have the ability to effectively and accurately communicate status
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Project Management experience in a corporate context
- Ability to communicate with all levels of associates and Executive Management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and prioritize work
- Ability to work in a team work environment and manage/partner resources from other departments
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.