Manager, Human Resources Business Partner, Customer Office
Job Code: 389218
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential is seeking a Manager, Human Resources to join the Customer Office Human Resources team, to provide HR and talent development support to leaders at all levels within the Customer Office. Day-to-day responsibilities will include building strong relationships rooted in trust and authentic care for the best interest of all parties involved – the customer, the business and the talent driving it. As a strategic partner, you will work with senior and mid-level management and partners in Staffing to craft talent sourcing strategies and programs that can make a huge impact! As an employee advocate, you will interface 1x1 with employees as their single point of contact for all things employment and HR-related within the Customer Office. You will be a Customer Office culture carrier – an ear to listen, a cheerleader to encourage and a voice of influence.
• Serve your client group as their first point of contact into Human Resources (with a smile); interpret HR policy to respond to inquiries or escalations;
• Collaborate with our partners in Corporate Compensation to evaluate relevant job and market data within the Customer Office;
• Consult with clients in preparation of their training & development plans; facilitating leadership development programming (e.g., Leadership Connections) personally, or driving execution of such programs sourced in other ways;
• Provide an exceptional new hire experience to each and every Customer Office new joiner by creating a welcoming environment and partnering with the Director, Human Resources to ensure CO HR Talks (orientation group meetings) occur regularly;
• Drive critical cyclical HR processes, e.g., year-end compensation, succession management, engagement surveys, performance management;
• Manage employee relations and performance management cases in a timely, responsible and professional manner;
• Consult with Staffing to review & approve offers of employment within client group;
• Participate in and/or lead projects on both an as needed or as interested basis, considering capacity and effective prioritization.
• 5-7 years of human resources experience in roles of increasing complexity involving various HR disciplines, e.g., Employee Relations, Performance Management, Talent Management, Staffing, Diversity & Inclusion and Compensation, plus a Bachelor’s Degree required;
• Exceptional customer focus, relationship-building skills and the ability to understand complex situations, with an appreciation for the interpersonal / people dynamics at play;
• Ability to operate as an individual contributor and as a team player;
• Ability to interpret Prudential’s human resources policies, the Customer Office’s procedures and relevant regulatory requirements;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with confidence to make decisions independently;
• Ability to influence, partner and engage professionally with employees at all levels, executing with excellence;
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and manage multiple (sometimes conflicting) priorities with a track record of effectively operating at both a strategic and tactical level and achieving results;
• Strong written and verbal (e.g., training facilitation) communication skills;
• Strong desire to learn our business and interested in the business of their clients, a must;
• Strong project and time management skills, with ability to identify and drive initiative from start to outcomes;
• Professional certification (PHR, PMP), a plus;
• Experience at a large corporation, a plus;
• Candidates must be willing and available to work hours as required to meet client needs, which may vary; some travel may be required (<10%).
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Human Resources