The Manager will be responsible for proactively identifying, analyzing, implementing, and enhancing inventory flow path optimization within the Inventory Planning and Replenishment system to ensure inventory strategies that maximize sales and inventory productivity are met and maintained. This role will be responsible for leading a team to drive key inventory flow improvement initiatives and provide data driven insight and resolution recommendations. They will serve as a central point of contact for IPR, Logistics, and other cross functional partners from an inventory flow process and will be charged with implementing multiple initiatives against aggressive schedules. As the principle driver of their initiatives, this person will work across functional groups to coordinate efforts and ensure success; drive change management by understanding, communicating, and managing changes associated with system enhancements, implementations and process improvements.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- 25% Proactively identify, analyze and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact each year
- 25% Coach and mentor Inventory Strategy Analyst on team
- 20% Documents Business Requirements and processes in a standard format
- 20% Provide ad-hoc business analysis, metrics, and reporting to support business needs
- 10% Design and develop inventory management and systems training as required.
Nature and Scope
- Reports to Sr. Manager Inventory Solutions
- Three associates report to this role on a permanent basis
Environmental Job Requirements
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
Education Required - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience - 3
Physical Job Requirements - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Additional Qualifications -
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with an emphasis in Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- Previous retail experience in operational inventory management, transportation, and channel management
- Understanding of supply chain management and principles.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to quickly retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and interpret data.
- Strong quantitative skills through knowledge of statistics and quantitative data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to translate analysis to audience and communicate recommendations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problem solving.
- Ability to work well with others from various departments and values the perspective team members bring to a project.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Strong ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities at once.
- Strong self-starter with ability to work with little supervision and ability to work with a team.
- Analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact each year.
- Documents Business Requirements and processes in a standard format.
- Provide ad-hoc business analysis, metrics, and reporting to support business needs.
- Model System Solutions and Scope the system.
- Design and develop inventory management and systems training as required.
- Solid understanding and use of statistical software to manipulate analyze and interpret data. Statistics / Mathematics / Quantitative analysis; Proficiency in Access, Excel, IBM and SQL / Queries, MS Project and Visio; Visual Basic Scripting, DB2/SQ
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.