- Would you like to join a dynamic team in the ever-evolving world of Supply Chain Finance? We support our Supply Chain business partners in making critical decisions with financially driven recommendations and analysis. The Manager of Financial Forecasting/Planning will be responsible for managing all financial aspects of one of our core Supply Chain platforms. This includes:
- Planning and forecasting for all lines of the P&L.
- Developing models to apply consistent methodology across all buildings.
- Performing NPV, IRR and ROI calculations for cost out opportunities within the Supply Chain.
- Analyzing business specific opportunities for expense reduction.
- Working cross functionally across both the Supply Chain, Business Intelligence, and Merchandising Finance teams to drive consistency and shape business decisions.
- Managing the day to day spend of the Distribution Centers through providing real time spend analysis and variance to plan information.
- Designing and evaluating methods of automating and improving current procedures and processes.
- Supporting strategic initiatives and network development.
- The role will directly support the platform Senior Director of Operations, the site level General Managers, as well as all salaried DC associates. This position may require travel up to eight times annually across the United States. The Manager of Financial Forecasting/Planning will provide training to Distribution personnel on all aspects of Finance including planning, forecasting, P&L management and financial concepts. This position will directly interface with the following departments: Supply Chain operations, Supply Chain Finance, Accounting, Procurement, Merchandising Finance, Financial Planning and Analysis, Internal Audit and Compliance, and Advisory Management. The ideal candidate will have experience with Financial Analysis including forecasting and budgeting experience. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, VBA/Macros. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint. Having systems knowledge in any of the following applications is preferred: SAP, Khalix/Longview, Tableau, and SQL.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Communicate and partner with Logistics Senior Management to stay focused on value assessments of key business initiatives.
Manage and review monthly G&A, P&L, and key performance indicator reports.
Coordinate annual expense, inventory, and capital planning for Home Depot's and Expo's distribution facilities.
Provide strategic and financial support for Global Logistics SOAR.
Oversee the development of Pro Formas and other financial assessments.
Manage and develop staff of 3 -5 Financial Analysts.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Sr. Manager Logistics Finance
Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. Planning, monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required. This may include direct supervision of a shift or the coordination of multiple work groups. Makes recommendations concerning selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Previous financial or operational experience within a Supply Chain organization
High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, VBA/Macros preferred.
Preferred systems knowledge in the following applications: SAP, Khalix/Longview, Tableau and SQL
Previous supervisory experience is a plus.
Five to eight years of Accounting/Finance experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Financial Planning/Budgeting experience
Ability to create/analyze/present financial models & pro-forma analyses
Advanced knowledge of the standard WINDOWS software suite; e.g. EXCEL, ACCESS, WORD
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to influence and gain respect of key operations (field) groups. Ability to work as a team player within a matrix organization.
Results oriented drives tasks/analyses to completion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.