The Manager, Online Creative Ops defines creative processes and delivers system & tool enhancements that allow the creative team to work efficiently. This role works closely with the Project Management & Front End Development teams to ensure functionality needs are fully understood and prioritized based on a deep knowledge of the processes & systems. This role will function within the Creative environment to ensure they are a super-user of the tools they are responsible for developing and will act as the main trainer for the broader Creative team. This position is responsible for identifying key metrics of success and reporting on-going progress out to Leadership while also staying abreast of industry trends & innovation as it relates to design technology.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40%-Roadmap Management: responsible for culling together all user needs and distilling these into features & functionality. Understands the business importance / impact of each and owns prioritizing them into a roadmap
30%-On-hands usability testing of functionality to identify defects and future need improvements, enters needs into Agile stories. Works with Project Management & Front End Development to define requirements
20%-Training new users as well as on-going training for all Content/Publishing users on how to use the system as well as best practices, nuances, etc. Maintain online training materials for the team and keeping it updated as new features, enhancements are released
10%-Measurement & communication of new functionality performance/benefits across the broader team
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Director, Online Creative
No Direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 5-7+ years in technology management and/or marketing is required, preferably within an ecommerce or online business
- Strong technology background, understanding of algorithms, data driven systems, apis and focus on enhancing customer experience
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional groups and drive decision making
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects across diverse groups, including UX design, creative, development, and QA
- Work prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving meaningful results
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, cross-collaboration and team skills
- Knowledge of E-commerce business KPIs and technologies
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.