Manage store operations processes for specific area(s) of responsibility and manage projects focusing on process improvements that support the needs of the stores/field. Provide input and resources, partnering with the Operations Strategy Team and others to drive major process improvement initiatives for Home Depot.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Analyze the fundamental components of problems and communicate the correct course of action to the team and the resolution to the field.
- Develop and implement changes that improve overall store operations processes that are likely to add value to the stores' bottom line. Manage/drive core store operations projects and/or process improvements.
- Manage day to day processes related to their areas of responsibility. Create and maintain project work plans.
- Manage issues and roadblocks that arise related to their area of responsibility.
- Respond proactively to unanticipated store needs arising out of a variety of inputs. Manage action steps necessary for successful execution of both strategic projects/initiatives and process improvement.
- Communicate effectively and build strong, effective partnerships with the field/stores and throughout The Home Depot.
- Prepare and deliver high-level insights and recommendations based on multiple analysis of industry/ business, competitive landscape, consumer data for area of expertise.
- Provide guidance and training specific to area of expertise. Assist in collaborating findings from data and making verbal/written recommendations. Demonstrate proficiency/understanding of specific processes.
- Maintain knowledge base regarding specific operations and processes within store operations
- Responsible for appropriate selection, terminations, performance appraisal and professional development of support team (Business Analysts).
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Direct and indirect reports typically include 2-5 Business Analysts.
- Typically requires frequent persuasion or influencing of others. Usually assigns and reviews work of others.
- Typically procedures for analyzing situations and making conclusions are very diverse.
- Typically considers among many different options or procedures when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM cloud or knowledge of an IVR technology
- 3 years of retail experience or process management in related area.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong business, functional and/or store knowledge for their area of responsibility
- Leadership and management experience preferred
- Strong operations, retail and/or field experience required
- Ability to partner/communicate well with the field/stores
- High sense of urgency in responding to field needs
- Strong big picture; strategic thinking skills
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.