The position provides program management of key projects and initiatives for The Home Depot s Financial Services team. It is part of the Financial Services Program Management Office (PMO) and is responsible for the blueprint and tools for project management within the organization. This role ensures a standard methodology is used for all projects and provides the leadership the necessary tools to control the execution of project tasks. The PMO will be responsible for delivering key project artifacts and shares responsibility and accountability with the project leadership/business team for the successful completion of on-time deliverables. The PMO simultaneously manages multiple projects with multi-million dollar budgets and large scale impacts to the business and maintains dashboards and consolidated calendars for all.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 30% - Develops an effective plan for controlling project scope, schedule and cost. Oversees projects to ensure that plan is being followed. Implements process to effectively coordinate changes or potential changes to the baseline and ensures the approved changes are communicated and implemented.
- 20% - Works cross-functionally with Payments IT team and other key stakeholders to guide and facilitate prioritization discussions.
- 15% - Develops templates and process to ensure project information is communicated to the project team and stakeholders. Drives PMO to assist business in compiling timelines, communication plans, written status reports, and scorecards. Aids in selection of success metrics for proof of concepts, pilots, and rollouts.
- 15% - Ensures team determines and documents project issues/risks and tracks timely mitigation/resolution.
- 10% - At the completion of a project or project phase, captures key lessons learned and communicates to PMO and business. Effectively applies lessons learned in subsequent projects.
- 10% - Creates an inclusive working environment.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to Sr. Manager Payments Program Management.
- This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- PMP Certification
- Proven experience managing large scope projects
- Experience managing teams
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excels at conflicts/issue resolution
- Takes initiative and has a high sense of urgency, able to handle competing priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills ability to collaborate cross-functionally and be a team player
- Strong professional presence; influences without authority and able to effectively communication all levels in all formats, from store associates to executives
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.