At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We are on a mission to provide the world’s best interconnected shopping experience; and to do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about reimagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Manager, Product Management is responsible for driving the personalization effort across all product areas for the next generation of homedepot.com. Working on the Digital Intelligence Platform team, this role will require a deep understanding of product development in multiple site locations, as well as a firm grasp of how industry leaders are using customer personal profile data to deliver relevant experience to customers. This role will be the key liaison between data scientists who build customer profile modeling and site application (product development, marketing & promotion) to drive core business objectives.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- Gain a thorough understanding of customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to help deliver site features that provide Home Depot customers with an unparalleled shopping experience.
- Forecast, monitor, analyze and report on the product line.
- Conduct financial analysis and assist in the creation of business plans for new opportunities.
- Create business requirements and drive improvements to customer-facing site features, back end systems, and new business models.
- Apply a thorough understanding of the E-commerce industry, its seasonality and global business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments.
- Drive projects and promotions with site merchandising, web development, and design teams.
- Identify and assess value of technology licensing with new vendors to deliver on innovative customer experience features.
- Position typically reports to Sr. Manager, Customer Intelligence Platform & Personalization
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area.
- There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- MBA preferred
- 5-7+ years in financial analysis, product management and/or marketing is required, preferably within a consumer goods / retail company
- Proven analytical skills (includes ability to use tools such as Excel and Access)
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects across diverse groups, including UX design, creative, development, and QA - work prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving meaningful results
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, cross-collaboration and team skills
- Knowledge of E-commerce business KPIs and technologies
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.