At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's 50 most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the world’s best interconnected shopping experience. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
This position is responsible for leading product development, management and support of Home Depot mobile applications (iOS, Android) and developing other mobile products and services. The Mobile Product Manager will be responsible for identifying new opportunities, creating product roadmaps and user stories, and managing existing business and technical relationships in support of the overall mobile objectives of The Home Depot.
This position will be responsible for designing and deploying mobile solutions that meet and serve the needs of our retail customers, Pro customers and store associates. Additionally, the Mobile Product Manager will be responsible for the design and execution of mobile marketing strategy and programs that will drive incremental traffic and sales across all channels (m-commerce, e-commerce and in-store).
The ideal candidate possesses a creative, innovative, and disciplined approach to digital and online product development and management. Prior mobile product management experience and an understanding of mobile user needs and behavior is a plus. The Mobile Product Manager is ultimately responsible for creating and managing compelling multi-channel experiences for our customers.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 25% Develop, implement, manage and continuously improve new mobile products, applications and services for The Home Depot. This includes native apps, mobile web, sms, and other emerging channel formats.
- 20% Make recommendations for new products and product enhancements – this may include conceptual development, research, business case development, technical requirements, positioning and market strategy.
- 20% Recommend and implement m-commerce, audience growth, revenue, marketing and content distribution strategies that enable Home Depot to maintain and extend its leadership position in the mobile industry.
- 15% Manage internal and external relationships with content, project management, technical and other Home Depot teams and partners/vendors; understand the needs of other internal parties while effectively communicating opportunities around mobile products and services.
- 10% Maintain detailed analytics and reports and other support documents that measure success and facilitate efficient and accurate information sharing among key shareholders and constituents.
- 10% Continuously monitor competitive environment and developments in a fast-paced, evolving industry. Deep and continuous understanding of the consumer audience and how Mobile plays a larger role in contributing to organizational goals and initiatives.
Nature and Scope:
- This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Mobile Applications
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or equivalent.
- Five to seven years of Internet/online experience, including two+ years in a Mobile product/commerce related role. Online retail experience preferred.
- Strong and demonstrated understanding of mobile industry, business models and technology channels/platforms (web, sms, video, etc).
- Experience in customer-centric product development, design and project
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, be extremely organized, attentive to detail and team-oriented.
- Ability to work and lead effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic retail environment
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and consistently produce high quality product and services.
- Ability to work with established enterprise segment data to drive engagement
- Strong experience working with cross-functional teams
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.