Manager Quality Control - Wintersville, OH
JobTitle: Manager Quality Control - Wintersville, OH
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Oversees Seafood Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan
- Oversees Walmart's fruit ripening program
- Oversees cold chain compliance within the distribution center to ensure products are kept at proper temperature
- Oversees communication on product quality to the distribution center
- Oversees quality, freshness, and food safety of grocery products in a distribution center as they flow from suppliers through distribution centers to stores and clubs
- Prepares distribution center overhead budget
- Provides recommendations to improve the quality of perishable products
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or related field and 2 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field OR 4 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year experience in food safety or related field.
- 2 years experience using basic Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 2 years fruit ripening experience.
- 6 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.