Oversee management of real estate developments within a division, from the strategic selection process or sites to actual acquisition, and preparation for construction.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Determines the optimal deployment into new markets or the optimal market coverage to complement the current Home Depot deployment, in coordination with Store Planners.
- Acquires land drafting letters of intent, negotiating purchase and sale agreements, and development of reciprocal easement- and other agreements.
- Secures proper zoning for properties, and attains all approvals and permits for the project.
- Directs and coordinates the work of a development team, which includes outside vendors, consultants and construction staff.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically reports to a Director of Real Estate.
- Direct reports typically include an Administrative Assistant.
- Typically negotiates in a competitive or adversarial environment.
- Typically solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management's goals and standards.
- Typically expected to provide infrequent status reports to management only as appropriate.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must meet many simultaneous demands for important decisions/actions and face some confrontations or other difficult situations and demands for results.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight years of experience is preferred.
- Commercial development or brokerage experience.
- Commercial retail, real estate or development experience.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Project leadership skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.