The Manager Retail Staffing Operations executes hourly talent acquisition process for the Home Depot US retail stores, MET, and Supply Chain business partners, ensuring that company hires a diverse and high-performing workforce. The Manager Retail Staffing Operations ensures that candidates are effectively prioritized and presented to store's leadership for employment consideration. This role manages a team of Staffing Coordinators to process the incoming calls, inquires and requests from the field in an effort to meet business needs. The Manager Retail Staffing Operations identifies staffing trends and partners with RSC Leaders to launch organization-wide staffing initiatives to address issues, improve processes and implement best-in-class staffing practices. Having extensive and relevant industry knowledge and partnering with all levels of management is critical for success. This position has 8-15 direct reports.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supervising, coaching and providing counsel to staffing coordinators
- Ensuring issues are handled efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner
- Working directly with RSC leaders to achieve all staffing center goals and objectives
- Utilizing call routing and staffing applications such as Impact 360, CentreVu, CMS and other tools
- Leading team meetings and ensuring that all team members are adequately informed of policy and procedural changes and provide a forum for associates to provide input to the Management team
- Manage an outreach program to identify and address where the qualified pool for locations don't support the affirmative action plan
- Monitor operational metrics to evaluate staffing performance and drive continuous process improvement
- Ensure that rapid course corrections are made for any identified process improvements
- Collaborate across teams to leverage data on workforce projections, hiring trends and best practices to proactively identify any needed adjustments to the staffing strategies
- Partner with RSC leaders to ensure staffing processes are managed in an effective and consistent manner
- Coach, develop and engage their team to ensure they can meet expectations and take action as appropriate when performance does not meet expectations
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Reports to Senior Staffing Operations Manager.
- Direct responsibility for supervising others.
- Direct responsibility for supervising a large contingent workforce during major hiring initiatives.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Demonstrate business acumen with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving and customer service skills with strong sense of urgency.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Plans and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Managing projects and situations when things are not clear.
- HR & Staffing experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Models Customer Service
- Acts Professionally
- Manages Time
- Actively Learns
- Displays Honesty
- Communicates Effectively
- Plans and Prioritizes
- Builds Relationships
- Makes Sound Decisions
- Computer Literacy
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.