Manager, Security Systems Engineering
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Additional Location(s)Washington, D.C.; Maryland area
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting Systems Engineering Manager role open in our Global Security Sales Organization! You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a passion for delivering world-class technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. This is an ideal position for someone who has proven leadership skills and related industry and technical expertise to advance their career in a highly regarded leadership role. As part of your DNA, you are an aggressive, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco’s opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco’s Security Architecture, articulate Cisco’s product and business strategies, and create the demand that makes deals happen!
Check out to details:
• Lead a highly talented Security Consulting Systems Engineering team
• Plan technical direction, identify expertise to grow the team as needed and facilitate key partnerships between cross-functional teams, partner and customer organizations
• Position the Security solutions portfolio to the field sales teams, partners and customers
• Recruit and retain the best people, as well as coach and develop staff, provide performance management, development planning, salary planning, technical training and mentor CSEs
• Work closely with Regional Sales Manager business partner to drive operational excellence with their Security team
• Anticipate changes in industry trends and demonstrate both technical and business excellence in order to meet revenue goals
• This is an excellent opportunity to apply your sales and technical leadership experience, work with the industry’s most talented professionals along with the industry’s most innovative solutions
• Serve as the
subject matter expert in Cisco Security Solutions
Who You’ll Work With
In this role as Systems Engineering Manager, you will provide guidance and assist account teams with in the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs. In this position you will be working with technology experts to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
Who You Are
• 10+ years of technical sales or pre-sales experience within networking technology industry, with at least 5 years in Security specialization experience with IDS/IPS, AV, Firewall, Advanced Malware Protection technologies
• 7+ years of experience in managing people, operations, program management and strategy development
• Advanced understanding of Cyber Security trends in the Federal Government/DoD space including new products and solutions
• Proven track record of high performance and strong leadership skills
• Strong executive presence and proven ability to present strategic information to a broad range of audiences
• Strong collaboration, influencing and facilitation skills, proven ability to influence and lead outside of organization and across roles and functions
• Works independently and participates primarily with senior management and executives
• Enjoys working
in fast paced changing environment
• BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
Why Cisco Security
Cisco Security -
Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of
the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is
integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to
security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous
control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum --
before, during and after an attack.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.