Manager Software Development
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Manager Software Development
ISE (Identity Services Engine) is a fast growing product within Cisco's Core software group. ISE is winner of Cisco Pioneer award and have been awarded the best NAC solution by SC magazine for 2015, 2016. Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) is an identity-based access control policy platform that enables enterprises to enforce compliance, enhance infrastructure security and streamline their service operations in any environment—wired, wireless or VPN. Its unique architecture allows enterprises to gather real time contextual information from network, users, and devices to make proactive governance decisions by tying identity back into various network elements including access switches, wireless controllers, VPN gateways, and datacenter switches. Cisco ISE is a core component of the Cisco TrustSec solution and Cisco's DNA (Digital Network Architecture).
• 12-15 years of experience in software development
• Strong technical credentials, with at least 10+ years of software development experience and 5+ years leading/managing software development teams.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, able to present ideas and information clearly.
• Must be proficient and comfortable at problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Proven record of innovation and technical thought leadership with excellent business acumen. Exercises good judgment in both technology and business situations.
• A record of hiring of strong technical team members and leaders.
• Obsession with quality and customer experience - Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
• Should be apt at doing high and low level design and code reviews
• Knowledge of AAA protocols, Security technologies, Network access devices (Switches, Firewalls etc), Active Directory, LDAP a plus.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance and scale.
• Bachelor's or a Masters Degree in CS/CE/EE required.
• Experience with a broad mix of technologies including a strong subset of:
◦ Core Java 8, Spring framework, SpringBoot, Spring Cloud,
◦ Angular JS, React
◦ Cloud Foundry (or equivalent),
◦ MariaDB, EnterpriseDB, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, Elastic search), IMDG
◦ AWS Web Services,
◦ API gateway,
◦ Linux, Unix systems
◦ Drools/Activiti, and a range of open source libraries.
◦ CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub, SonarQube, Fortify etc.).
• Experience with distributed architecture, SOA, microservices and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
• Experience of working on networking, security technologies, enterprise level applications
• Experience in Agile and Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies
• Hands-on experience of developing large scale, customer focused web based and/or backend applications.
• Lead/manage a team of 10-15 engineers to help build/develop features and technologies across the stack to be deployed in the cloud or on-prem.
• Attract, retain, coach and manage the engineers to create high quality applications
• Provide specific technology expertise to help advance and drive innovation
• Partner with architects, business managers to build strategies for execution, drive and/or facilitate key decisions and influence others and lead change where appropriate
• Partner with peers, leaders in a distributed engineering environment to effectively execute on the business needs