Manager, Software Engineering
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Work independently and exercise considerable latitude. Provide management and technical expertise in developing solutions and supporting issues from various customers, field and internal test teams for a large and complex software system. The successful candidate will interface with engineering, customers, Advances Services, TAC and other teams within Cisco in providing a solution with very high quality and customer satisfaction.
Who You’ll Work With
Core Software Group (CSG) has the charter for all Platform Independent and Platform Dependent software development across Switching (for data center, campus core and campus access), wireless, network services, routing, optical software and Enterprise routing and cable access. This includes all the Operating Systems and network services for IOS/XE in Enterprise, IOS-XR in Service Provider and NX-OS in Data Center market segments
Who You Are
Cisco is looking for a dynamic and exceptional leader to manage a team of highly motivated, talented technical leads and engineers supporting various customers world wide. This position is for the tier-4 support group requiring excellent management and technical expertise to handle customer escalations for service providers and enterprise customers around the world.
Projects include leading edge technology implementations for large service provider and enterprise customers. This position will oversee responding to high priority customer escalations, fixing customer found defects/issues, releasing patches, proactive & reactive support, adhering to Quality standards & metrics and scheduling.
Leading and grow a highly motivated and dynamic tier-4 support team:
¥ Experience in handling customer escalations, change in priorities, scope and crisis situations.
¥ Engage and own the responsibility for customer escalations, team deliverables and support.
¥ Excellent communication skills for peer-to-peer and peer-to-leadership communication.
¥ Experience in working and handling 24x7 support model with remote teams in different time zones.
¥ Ability to work with variety of technical & non-technical teams and ask the right questions to clarify.
¥ Aid and drive collaboration in management & technical deep dive discussions.
¥ Collaborate across engineering, product management, Test/QA, TAC and Advanced Services teams.
¥ Prioritize changing demands, multi-task, and think creatively against tight deadlines.
¥ Debug and develop solutions to problems in existing software components if required.
¥ Motivate the team of highly talented professionals by being an example.
* 5+ years of experience in managing a team of experienced engineers and supporting customers.
* Masters in educations is preferred or Bachelor with exceptional experience and talent is desirable.
* Exposure to all phases of the software development and support process.
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, written and communications skills with a can do attitude.
* Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced fluid environment
* Experience in UNIX, Linux and Windows Operating Systems a must.
* Experience in managing, developing and supporting Network Management Software a plus.
* Any management certifications PMP/ACP/Scrum/ITIL is a plus
* Experience in software development and support with expertise in Java, web applications, J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Spring & Hibernate is preferred.
* Experience in scripting languages such as Perl, Tcl/tk, Python and Shell is preferred.
* Exposure to Clearcase, SVN, GIT, HP Openview, Netcool and Eclipse would be an advantage.
* Experience in network equipment's, CLI, SNMP, MIBS, Traps, Syslog processing would be a plus.
* Any technical certifications CCNA/CCNP/CCIP/Oracle/Red Hat Linux/Java is a plus.
* Team player and cultural diversity a must.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.