Manager, Space Productivity
JobTitle: Manager, Space Productivity
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Improves efficiencies in the category and department space process
- Influences store layout, planning, fixture procurement, and merchandising plans
- Manages all category and department space allocation in Format projects
- Manages floor plans and space planning
- Measures store performance
- Provides recommendations based on category space and department analysis
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, accounting, finance, or related field and 2 years experience in space management, finance, data analysis, or statistics in the retail industry OR 4 years experience in space management, finance, data analysis, or statistics in the retail industry.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 2 years experience using analytical tools such as SPSS, R, JMP, or Mini-Tab for data modeling.
- 2 years experience using working in programing languages, such as VBA and SQL.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- 4 years experience in merchandising or operations.
- 4 years experience using database software such as Microsoft Access or SQL.
- 4 years experience using space planning software such as ProSpace, ProFloor, or SpaceMan.
- 4 years space management experience, including the planning and allocation of retail space.
- Master's degree in business, mathematics, statistics, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Six Sigma Green Belt.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.