Manage development and testing of new or enhanced store operations processes and systems for specific area(s) of responsibility. Lead pilot and proof of concept efforts to align scope and strategy with organizational goals focused on supporting the needs of the stores/field and customers. Provide input as a key stakeholder for large cross functional products, partnering with other stakeholders including process sustainability teams, field leaders, IT, User Experience, etc. in order to drive major process improvement initiatives for Home Depot.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Analyze the fundamental components of problems and communicate the correct course of action to the team and the resolution to the field.
- Develop and implement changes that improve overall store operations processes that are likely to add value to the stores' bottom line. Manage/drive core store operations projects and/or process improvements.
- Manage day to day processes related to their areas of responsibility. Create and maintain project work plans.
- Manage issues and roadblocks that arise related to their area of responsibility.
- Respond proactively to unanticipated store needs arising out of a variety of inputs. Manage action steps necessary for successful execution of both strategic projects/initiatives and process improvement.
- Communicate effectively and build strong, effective partnerships with the field/stores and throughout The Home Depot.
- Prepare and deliver high-level insights and recommendations based on multiple analyses of industry/ business, competitive landscape, consumer data for area of expertise.
- Provide guidance and training specific to area of expertise. Assist in collaborating findings from data and making verbal/written recommendations. Demonstrate proficiency/understanding of specific processes.
- Maintain knowledge base regarding specific operations and processes within store operations
- Responsible for appropriate selection, terminations, performance appraisal and professional development of support team (Business Analysts).
NATURE AND SCOPE:
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Direct and indirect reports typically include 2-5 Business Analysts.
- Typically requires frequent persuasion or influencing of others. Usually assigns and reviews work of others.
- Typically procedures for analyzing situations and making conclusions are very diverse.
- Typically considers among many different options or procedures when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT OF EXPERIENCE: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Familiarity with UX design principles
- Experience with querying large data sets and delivering insights to drive recommendations
- 3 years of process improvement in the retail industry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Strong business, functional and/or store knowledge for their area of responsibility
Leadership and management experience preferred
Strong operations, retail and/or field experience required
Ability to partner/communicate well with the field/stores
High sense of urgency in responding to field needs
Strong big picture; strategic thinking skills
Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.