Manager Technical Support
Location:North Sydney, NSW, Australia
Area of InterestProfessional Services
The Business Entity
Cisco is a company that builds amazing teams, transforms countries, cities and businesses, and changes the world. Our culture is built on deep curiosity and always innovating to deliver the best results for our customers, and the best career journeys for our employees.
Cisco Services helps customers around the world achieve business outcomes and solve their toughest challenges. Come and be a part of the incredible Cisco Technical Services team – we provide a compelling reason for customers to choose Cisco repeatedly.
Cisco’s APAC Solutions support delivery team plays a key role in incubating new architectures and solutions through innovation in delivery capabilities there by enabling customers to adopt new solutions at a fast pace. Team also partners with the wider Technical Services teams and BU to scale offers
Role & Responsibilities
In this very challenging role as a Manager for Solutions Support Delivery, you will be leading a team of bright, talented and ambitious engineers and will be responsible for delighting our customers with top notch customer service. Among your important responsibilities:
· Complete ownership of customer satisfaction with the services your team provides
· Stay abreast of trends in technology (internal and external to Cisco) and ensure that your team is well positioned to support the changing needs of the marketplace and Customers
· Communicating with customers to ensure they are receiving the right support from your engineers
· Establish strong interlock with the BU, SRE, AS community to address any issues related to solutions or product
· Continuously innovate service and processes to ensure that we remain the best in industry
· Be a guide, mentor and coach to your team. Build and develop a high performing team.
· Develop and
execute a resources skills matrix, addressing the team's workforce planning and
· Define Responsibilities and expectations of each engineer on the team. Solicit, document, and provide balanced feedback on their performance, addressing opportunities for development and growth. Recognize and reward outstanding and exceptional performance
· Promote and cultivate a team spirit and culture built on open communication, collaboration, teamwork, trust and integrity.
manage day-to-day team operations. Accountable for developing and executing
action plans to meet team objectives that contribute to the business priorities
· Demonstrated strong CLEAD attributes
· Ability in leading a technical team providing technical support to a large and diverse customer base
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated people management and influencing skills
· Strong customer focus with can do attitude to thrive in a team environment which incorporates many cultures and work styles
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly is must
· Aptitude to learn new solutions & architecture to be conversant with customers and stakeholders
· Strong business and operations acumen
· Good understanding of networking with reasonably good knowledge of at least two or three Cisco products/technologies.
· Good understanding of the technical services business
· Ability to work effectively with and influence global network of stake holders
· Ability to operate independently and make decisions quickly
· Ability to work with peers in challenging situations
· Ability to drive KPIs under challenging circumstances