Manager - Water Sustainability
Job Title: Manager - Water Sustainability
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Research & Development
PepsiCo's Global Office of Sustainability is committed to leading the way in providing strategy development, communication & coordination of PepsiCo's sustainability platform. One critical area of focus will be environmental sustainability which includes a focus on greenhouse gas emissions across the value chain, water stewardship, and waste reduction. This function will focus on establishing industry best practice programs in these areas across the entire PepsiCo portfolio (and the respective supply chains). It will be essential that this organization builds deep connections and relationships across all PepsiCo functions to ensure that key sustainability processes are incorporated in all phases of the product development and sales cycle.
The Manager, Global Environmental Sustainability, will be accountable for supporting the delivery of PepsiCo's environmental sustainability goals within the desired economic and social value proposition for the business, with a strong focus on our Water-related goals for Replenishment, Wastewater discharges, and operational and agricultural water efficiency. This global leader will be accountable for development and deployment of initiatives that drive sustainability into PepsiCo's business processes, enabling innovation while ensuring a reduced environmental footprint in alignment with PepsiCo's Performance with Purpose goals. In order to be successful, the leader in this position will need to work closely across many global functions and with sector leaders across the organization.
- In collaboration with sector and global Environmental Sustainability teams, identify, develop and deploy solutions, directly and through partnerships, to deliver positive environmental impact throughout PepsiCo's value chain
- Identify and drive implementation of environmental best practices and key initiatives by partnering closely with Global R&D, Operations, Procurement, Global Sustainability, PepsiCo Design Function, Consumer Insights, Sales, Marketing, Legal, and Supply Chain
- Partner across the organization to drive achievement of PWP Planet goals
- Manage PepsiCo's water replenishment program, including delineation and prioritization of high risk watersheds, project development and implementation, and tracking and validation of water benefits.
- In partnership with PPGA, manage delivery of local watershed collaboration and water governance advocacy programs
- Liase directly with sector environmental sustainability leads to support development and implementation of sector roadmaps for delivery of Planet goals.
- Lead global environmental sustainability projects as needed.
- Global SME to all relevant partners particularly with regard to Water Stewardship expertise
- Partner with R&D, Operations and Global Procurement to ensure integration of environmental sustainability strategic priorities.
- Support negotiations and external partnerships to deliver cost effective programs and enhance PepsiCo reputation in this area
- Key member of closely-connected Global Environmental function to disseminate trends, approaches, and key best practices for environmental sustainability across our portfolio
Critical Experience required in Role:
- Technical environmental sustainability experience with a focus on water stewardship in industry (or NGO/civil society) with a strong understanding of key environmental sustainability opportunities and challenges for the food and beverage industry
- Proven experience implementing projects within a matrix organization.
- Results oriented people leader with ability to deliver on vision and strategy, as well as influence strategic direction of the organization, align business partners and senior leaders.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental and/or Engineering Sciences or related field with 5+ years of experience leading global initiatives.
- Preferred Advanced degree in Environmental Sciences or related field.
- Solutions driven leader with ability to drive and support a global agenda with focus on building worldwide leadership capability in environmental sustainability, water highly preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to build organization and industry credibility
- Ability to work across an extended matrix of leaders in order to successfully ensure environmental sustainability is embedded across the PepsiCo system
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113013BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.