Manufacturing Maintenance Frontline Supervisor - Jonesboro, AR
Job Title: Manufacturing Maintenance Frontline Supervisor - Jonesboro, AR
Location: Jonesboro, AR
Category: Supply Chain
PepsiCo offers the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 different product lines that generate more than $1 billion in annual retail sales each. Our main businesses -- Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi Cola -- also make hundreds of other enjoyable foods and beverages that are respected household names throughout the world. With net revenues of approximately $60 billion, PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment, including by conserving energy and water usage, and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support, and invest in the local communities where we operate.
Frito-Lay, a key business unit within PepsiCo, is a market leader in the snack food industry. We are the makers of some of America's favorite snack foods including, FRITOS®, LAY'S®, DORITOS®, CHEETOS®, AND TOSTITOS®.
- Lead team of 15 to 30 hourly maintenance mechanics with varying levels of experience and education.
- Responsible for people and team development, quality performance, cost, service and safety
- Develop individuals and the team to solve operational issues
- Motivate the team to achieve performance targets
- Organize and facilitate team meetings to achieve continuous improvement process
- Coach team members to use the process and facilitate problem solving on the floor
- Job level will vary based on experience and scope of role
- Leading and developing a mechanic team
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short & long term performance goals
- Communicate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Solve daily operational issues
- Administer policies and practices
- Initiate and implement projects
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs
- Improve team communication and engagement
- Ability to think quickly, creatively and challenge team to do the same
- Four year technical or engineering degree required.
- Analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Leadership and management skills required
- Highly motivated, self starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy needed to work with software packages such as Excel, Word and Pearl.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC's would be beneficial.
- Team building skills to lead maintenance team and drive results
- Financial knowledge would be beneficial.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORTIVE INFORMATION:
Ideal candidate will be an energetic individual with great people skills that is a creative problem solver. Experience with team based management would be beneficial. Managing a team across three shift and seven days a week should be a challenge met with optimism and thinking out of the box mentality. Joining this team allows for the chance to learn about many aspects of the business and supply chain.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 102178BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.