Market Human Resource Manager - Markets 162/163 - New Haven, CT
JobTitle: Market Human Resource Manager - Markets 162/163 - New Haven, CT
City: NEW HAVEN
- Builds and maintains partnerships with business leaders to ensure the human resources (HR) function meets business needs
- Delivers full-cycle talent management for critical positions in the business unit
- Drives associate engagement
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and company policies, procedures for multiple facilities
- Oversees, communicates and drives the consistent implementation of the company's HR initiatives (for example, HR practices, business plans, systems, personnel-related activities) in multiple facilities
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor s Degree in an Human Resources, Business Administration, Labor Relations, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field and 3 years experience as a Human Resources Generalist or Specialist supporting a multi-unit/multi-business environment OR 6 years experience in Human Resources with at least 2 years experience as an Human Resource generalist supporting a multi-unit/multi-business environment OR 2 years Walmart manager-level experience leading an operational unit with responsibility for supervising other salaried managers (for example, Compensation, Learning and Development, Benefits, Organizational Development, Logistics, HR Strategy, Operations, Communications).
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 2 years experience in retail, hospitality, service, or related field.
- Master's Degree in a Human Resources related field (for example, Industrial Relations).
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.