Marketing Development Associate (MDA) - Athletic Channel
Job Title: Marketing Development Associate (MDA) - Athletic Channel
Location: San Francisco, CA
Category: Marketing / Communications
As an MDA, you'll play a critical role on a national team responsible for the execution of a truly unique sales and marketing initiative. Your creative and strategic selling skills, along with strong account management will be the foundation of your success at Gatorade. You will be the face of Gatorade and focus on the customer, spending 90% of your time in front of them. Key responsibilities include:
- Procure designated number of new accounts, extend availability of product at points of sweat, and meet KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Manage, execute and activate multiple field marketing events on a monthly basis
- Deliver volume, mix and revenue targets
- Further build awareness of Gatorade as the destination for sports fuel
- Educate coaches, athletic trainers, athletes and parents on importance of sports nutrition
- Develop acute knowledge of Gatorade's offerings, functional benefits and competitive landscape
- Cultivate strong relationship with customers and thoroughly understand their respective businesses
- Own product ordering, processing, and tracking
- Effective management of SKU's and product mix for all customers
- Highly self-motivated individual with excellent communication, negotiation, influencing and follow up skills
- Athletic participation or coaching experience
- Passion for brand marketing
- BS/BA Degree
- 2+ years outside sales experience preferred
- Local youth athletic market knowledge (only hiring local candidates)
- Demonstrated professionalism and dependability
- Ability and desire to work independently
- Cold calling
- Public speaking, sampling and event management
- Strong PC Skills including Microsoft office
- Ability to drive to customer accounts within the specified territory
- Some lifting (up to 30lbs) required as part of role
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116142BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.