Marketing Director - Quaker
Job Title: Marketing Director - Quaker
Location: Chicago, IL
Category: Marketing / Communications
Quaker is looking for a strategic marketer to lead the transformative, nutrition-focused growth agenda for Quaker. This individual will oversee the development of our 3-5 year innovation pipeline and play an instrumental role in setting the long-term vision and roadmap for the brand. The role reports directly to the Sr. Director of Quaker Innovation and has 3 direct reports.
- Work closely with Sr. Director to define and align the organization behind Quaker's long-term innovation vision, strategy and roadmap including brand architecture & guardrails, growth vectors, and destination portfolio
- Lead team of 3 to significantly increase the value of our pipeline and develop a bold innovation calendar for 2019-2021 that can significantly step change the brand's growth trajectory (2-3x) and advance its leadership in nutrition
- Oversee the front-end innovation process across the Quaker portfolio by working with innovation agencies and consumer insights to identify new consumer driven innovation platforms each with strategic business case, qualified product concepts, and multi-year runway for growth (prioritized ideas will be then developed in Stage Gate by Innovation Commercialization team)
- Partner with insights to conduct deep immersion into our new nutrition-forward consumer design target and uncover unique insights as springboard for all our future innovation
- Act as primary liaison with our Global Nutrition Group, ensuring alignment behind strategy and resourcing and partnering across pipeline priorities
- Work with strategy team to conduct adjacency analysis to identify potential white spaces for further expansion and investment
- Partner with insights and nutrition science to deepen our foresights and trend monitoring capabilities in order to stay on the forefront of the evolving nutrition trends and deepen our knowledge base
- Partner with R&D / Supply chain to ensure close alignment between innovation agenda and long-term R&D / Supply chain priorities identifying critical technical unlocks and new capabilities needed to deliver growth
- Partner with Innovation Commercialization Director to manage Quarterly Prioritization Review process for the organization
- Work closely with Sr. Director to step change Quaker's innovation performance through experimentation, thought leadership, new capability building, and enhanced culture of creativity and breakthrough thinking.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA strongly preferred
- 8 years experience in marketing, innovation, strategy, consumer/customer promotions; experience with consumer packaged goods preferred
- Demonstrated ability to define vision and strategy
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships and lead cross-functional teams
- People management experience
- Experience with senior executive level communication
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Comfort operating in an autonomous and fast-moving environment
- Ability to analyze consumer research, and syndicated data and trends, and translate data into compelling insights
- Creative, big picture thinker and problem solver with a passion for nutrition and driving change
- Must be willing and able to travel 10-15% of the time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114262BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.