Marketing Services Manager
Job Code: 381398
Job Location: New Jersey-Iselin
The Marketing Services Manager is a people and process leader who focuses on a wide range of client materials designed to provide insight and information to plan participants and to deliver on initiatives created by the client facing team. This leadership role is responsible for professional management of important initiatives and is at the center of the project workflow system; managing day-to-day deadlines for client materials. The Marketing Services Manager is responsible for oversight and leadership of a team of Marketing Producers. This is a fast paced role for an organized, multi-tasking individual who thrives on variety and finishing projects. Familiarity with project management systems such as Attask/Workfront or similar is desirable.
Manage, develop, train and coach a team of Marketing producers, including conducting regular team and individual meetings and performance evaluations. Able to foster a strong, collaborative team dynamic.
Assess, assign and supervise integrated communications projects via our online project management system. Able to understand each team member’s skill-set and capacity to be able to assign work effectively to exceed expectations and meet deadlines.
Communicate directly with internal requestors and address goals, concerns and revisions throughout the project workflow process while leading team to meet deliverables.
Ensure timely execution of projects on accelerated schedules.
Follow-up daily with each team member to ensure all deadlines and quality control processes are being met. Investigate and release bottlenecks to keep work flowing through the routing process.
Gatekeeper of project management system. Seek ways to improve communications and efficiencies. Able to use the system to determine capacity across the team and forecast blockages.
Re-prioritize projects and reassign work as needed to meet requestor needs as they evolve.
Anticipate and resolve with an appropriate solution, while keeping project initiatives and deadlines on track at all times. Identify potential conflicts and address with a sense of urgency.
Foster relationships with cross-functional departments to ensure smooth workflow on all projects.
Review, proof and edit draft communication materials and presentations for accuracy and to maintain unified message point.
Establish regular cadence of communication on project and team status, raising any concerns in a timely manner to appropriate channels.
- BA degree required with 5 years of operations/advertising/marketing/communications project and team management experience, within an advertising agency or marketing department within or associated with financial services.
- 3 years experience managing people and processes.
- Impeccable communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) to effectively address associates at all levels of the organization. This is a people role requiring an outgoing personality.
- Proven leadership, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills that foster positive and highly productive teamwork across the organization and its resources at all levels.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of company’s project management system, or similar.
- Proficient level: Microsoft office and Adobe applications.
- Print and digital experience is a must.
- Must have the ability to be flexible with personal scheduling to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle high volume of work in a professional manner.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations/Corp. Communications