Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, WellMed is seeking a Medical Assistant who shares our passion for helping others live healthier lives. In this position you will interact with patients and their family members, health care providers and insurance companies. Learn from health care experts as you work side-by-side to impact the care and comfort of our patient population. You will be part of a team dedicated to improving the delivery and quality of health care that is patient-centered, safe and effective. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed's proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of Optum. What makes your clinical career greater here? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
WellMed at Pecan Valley is located near E. Southcross, 78222 – close to Old SE Baptist Hospital
The Medical Assistant (MA) participates in planning, providing, and evaluating patient care at the appropriate skill level. They have a duty to provide a standard of care that meets or exceeds that of a reasonably competent and knowledgeable Medical Assistant. The MA performs duties within their scope of practice delegated by, and under the supervision of, a provider (TX) or physician (FL)
Duties include: Organizes the clinical environment and provides support in patient care situations. Support includes but is not limited to assisting physicians and nursing personnel, including those skills listed under Job Functions below along with various other procedures under the direct supervision and responsibility of a medical provider. The MA observes patient status and documents observations in the electronic medical record. Assists other team members in identifying patient needs or problems. This includes communicating data to the provider or other members of the clinical team. The MA delivers quality customer service. Ensures policy and procedures are followed including infection control, privacy and confidentiality.
- Performs all duties within the scope of a Medical Assistant’s standards of practice; operates diagnostic equipment (cannot interpret tests), remove staples from superficial wounds, changes wound dressing and obtains cultures, administers non intravenous medication; performs simple specimen collection via noninvasive techniques and collects blood specimens via venipuncture or via capillary, performs EKGs; performs quality control checks on equipment; prepares and sterilizes medical equipment using the autoclave
- Rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments
- Maintains quality control standards
- Practices standard infection control precautions
- Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
- Supports and follows Standard Delegation of Orders
- Performs all other related duties as assigned