Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E - visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Medical Assistant position can vary to support various Southwest Medical clinic locations. The MA provides quality appropriate patient care, utilizing customer service skills throughout the patient care continuum. Collects pertinent patient data and coordinates with provider and team for appropriate patient intervention. Will work with the front office to ensure smooth patient flow, waiting room management, and adherence to Southwest Medical policies.
***We have various Medical Assistant positions open throughout the central and north Las Vegas areas. These include Clinical MAs and Telephonic - Administrative MAs within a variety of areas including adult medicine, urgent care, multispecialty and more! Compensation is very competitive and positions are full-time status with benefits.***
- Responsible for collection and documentation of patient information to include vital signs, chief complaint, review of medications, allergies, health risk screen information, status of extended care benefits and other services
- Participate in the monitoring of patients with chronic disease and extended care benefits including verification of eligibility and status of services
- Assist RN and provider with the coordination and completion of patient care plan
- Compliance with customer services standards, scheduling and entering appointments, demographics and insurance information in IDX
- Assist with phone calls and messages; document all call and actions taken
- Responsible for compliance requirements such as laboratory QC management, waive testing, maintenance of crash cart and drug count as well as other requirements dictated by clinic needs
- Assist co - workers with duties when requested, to include, but not limited to assisting in other areas
- Some positions may require floating to other clinic locations in the area as needed